It’s been cold…really cold over the last few weeks here in Minnesota! In fact, it has been in the negative degrees for more than 3 days already. Just a couple weekends ago, our mighty Minnesota Vikings participated in one of the coldest football games in NFL history. With the NFL playoffs in full force, what better way to spend the cold weekend than by your fire, watching football and eating homemade chili with family and friends! If you plan to host a football watching party in the next few weeks, and are looking for a healthier chili option, consider using Papa George’s all natural and reduced fat pork sausage. Once your guests try this tailgate chili option, they’ll be knocking at your door every weekend wanting more!
First Down with Papa George’s Sausage
Who says you can’t have tasty chili when healthy products are involved? At Papa George’s we beg to differ. Not only will our tailgate chili recipe make your mouth water, but it keeps you from having to use the fatty ground beef as your chili meat. Our all natural pork sausage has 55% less fat than U.S.D.A data for regular pork sausage, is MSG free, has no preservatives and is even gluten free. How’s that for a first down in the food department! At Papa George’s, our motto is healthy enjoyable eating and a better way of life. That is what you and your guests will get with our delicious tailgate chili.
Our MVP Recipe: Tailgate Chili
When it comes to tailgate chili, our healthy pork sausage recipe wins the MVP! The ingredients needed for this cold weather, fan favorite meal includes:
- 1 12-oz package of Papa George’s Reduced Fat Pork Sausage Roll (Regular or Hot)
- 1 12-oz package of Papa George’s Reduced Fat Pork Sausage Links (Italian)
- 2 cups of small dried red bean (14 oz)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium thinly chopped onions
- 3 cloves of garlic thinly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½” chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ½” chunks
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper thinly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of ground coriander
- 1 can of tomatoes (28 ounces), chopped with juice included
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
Purchase Healthier Sausage
If you are looking for the most healthy tailgate chili recipe for your NFL playoff tailgate party in Minnesota, team up with Papa George’s today. Combining healthy ingredients including our reduced fat, all natural pork sausage, your guests will be wishing they spent the whole season at your home! Find Papa George’s Meat Products at Cub, Hy-Vee, Super One Grocery Stores or order online at www.papageorges.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our high quality products.