As we enter a season filled with several holiday gatherings and tables filled with holiday favorites it’s a good time to take a look at making family favorites more healthy. Papa George’s has a wonderful selection of All Natural Reduced Fat Pork Sausage that can add flavor without regret. You can check out the Recipe section of our website to find delicious options for Appetizers, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Healthier Pork Recipes include seasonal favorites such as Stuffed Acorn Squash and Holiday Sage Sausage Stuffing. Look for Papa George’s All Natural Reduced Fat Pork Sausage Varieties at a grocer near you.
Healthier Alternative to Traditional Pork Sausage
Many American families are busy planning to host Thanksgiving dinner. It can be fun to experiment with different holiday recipes especially ones that include a Healthier Alternative that won’t make you sacrifice on flavor. This year try something new by introducing Papa George’s meats at your table of delicious family favorite dishes. Use it as a substitute for other meats or try something a little new.
Holiday Sage Sausage Stuffing Recipe
The following, flavorful Holiday Sage Sausage Stuffing Recipe was provided by Mary and Pat of Denver, Colorado.
- 1 pound cooked Papa George’s Sage Sausage
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- Sea salt and course ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups cubed whole grain bread (dried or place on oven rack for 8 min. at 350°)
- 2 cups cubed white bread (dried or place on oven rack for 8 minutes at 350°)
- 1 14-0z can chicken broth
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 Delicious apple cored and chopped
- (Optional) – Turkey liver, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, dotted on top
Directions for Cooking:
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C)
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up until evenly browned.
- Add in the celery, sage, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper; continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes until flavors are blended.
- Pour sausage mixture over bread in a bowl.
- Mix in chopped apples, cranberries, parsley and liver (if desired).
- Fold in chicken broth and eggs.
- Spoon into lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350° F (175° C)
All Natural Reduced Fat Pork Sausage Varieties
Replace the fatty pork sausage meat in your favorite family recipes with a Healthier Alternative that delivers on taste. Papa George’s has carefully created several varieties of our flavorful All Natural Reduced Fat Pork Sausage that your family will enjoy in appetizers, breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes.
- Regular Pork Sausage Roll
- Sage Pork Sausage Roll
- Hot Pork Sausage Roll
- Maple Pork Sausage Roll
- Italian Style Pork Sausage Roll
Healthy Twist to Family Favorite Recipes
Papa George’s All Natural Pork Sausage allows you to pass on favorite family recipes while giving them a healthy twist. Ask for our many delicious varieties of Reduced Fat Pork Sausage rolls at your local grocery store or order in bulk online at www.papageorges.com. We carefully developed each flavor for use in endless recipe creations that families will enjoy. Try something new or swap out your old pork sausage brand for a Healthier Alternative filled with flavor, not fat.