- 1 12-oz Papa George All Natural Reduced Fat Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 small size tomato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Oz of mushroom, chopped
- 5 tablespoons of pecorino cheese
- 1 medium size acorn squash cut in half lengthwise and deseeded
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Brush the yellow-orange part of the acorn squash with olive oil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned. Add the chopped tomato , onion, mushroom and parsley; cook, gently stirring, for 2 minute to blend flavors. Add the pecorino cheese.
- Spoon sausage mix and fill the squash halves
- bake covered for 20 minutes
Makes about 2 servings.
[popup url=”//papageorges.com/wp-content/uploads/stuffedacornsquash.txt” class=”btn btn-primary”]Print This Recipe[/popup]