To make a delicious easy to prepare “Gluten Free” Easter Egg Bake, Papa George’s All Natural Reduced Fat Pork Sausage (MSG and Preservatives Free) is used as it adds lots of flavor without adding the fat. Here is the recipe for 5 generous servings.
- 1 12-oz package of Papa George’s Reduced Fat Pork Sausage Roll (Regular, Sage, or Hot)
- 1 package of hash brown for a gluten free recipe (crescent rolls or 3 ½ cups of bread crumb can also substitute)
- 1 cup of milk (skim, 1% or 2% Fat)
- 1 tablespoon of flour (rice flour for a gluten free recipe)
- 3 cups of shredded all natural cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
Crumble sausage and cook to about 160 F (do not overcook to keep the flavors alive). Spray 9×13 inches pan with PAM or wipe with canola oil. Place hash brown (or rolls) in-place, with some being up on sides of pan. Add cheese on top. Sprinkle on flour. Spread cooked sausage on top. Separately, mix eggs, salt, pepper and pour over. Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes. Enjoy!